Ewa studied the flute in Poland under a distinguished Professor Jerzy Mrozik receiving her Master of Music in Performance Degree from Karol Lipiński Conservatorium of Music in Wroclaw. During her studies, Ewa received a number of distinctions and awards in Polish national and international competitions, such as 1st Prize at the International Woodwind and Brass Competition in Wroclaw, 1st Prize at the National Flute Competition in Olsztyn, 3rd Prize at the International Woodwind Competition in Jastrzebie Zdroj, 4th Prize at the National Flute Competition in Warsaw.
Shortly after receiving the Master of Music Performance degree, Ewa migrated to Australia. One of the first performances in Australia was a solo recital at the Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Sydney followed by a chamber performance at PolArt Classical Music Festival in Hobart in 2006. In the following year Ewa has appeared as a finalist at Sydney Flute Festival Open Flute Competition.
Ewa has collaborated with Wind Energy Ensemble, Sydney Contemporary Orchestra and Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra. Currently, she is a founding member of the Hourglass Ensemble since October 2015. Ewa has given over 20 performances with the group in Australia, Poland, Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Australian performances include appearances at the prestigious venues such as Sydney City Recital Hall, Melbourne Recital Centre, Canberra Wesley Music Centre, Hobart Town Hall and Sydney Opera House.
Ewa appeared as one of Hourglass Ensemble’s members at Fine Music FM in July 2018 giving an interview followed by live performance. She has also recently premiered Everything I Touch Flute Concerto by Margery Smith. The concerto has been premiered with Hourglass Ensemble on May 4th 2019 at the Utzon Room, Sydney Opera House. Furthermore, Ewa has been invited to appear as Festival Artist on 2019 Australian Flute Festival. She performed Unknown Horizons flute and piano recital with associated pianist Anna Rutkowska-Schock at Sydney Conservatorium of Music in July 2019.
Ewa teaches flute at St Joseph’s College in Hunters Hill, International Grammar School in Ultimo as well as Hunters Hill Public School.
Ewa plays 9K Gold Muramatsu flute with Tsubasa headjoint, Elite Deluxe Burkart piccolo with Mancke headjoint and Miyazawa alto flute ST Model.
- Finalist at the Sydney Flute Festival Open Flute Competition, September 2007
- 4th Prize, National Flute Competition, Warsaw Poland, June 2004
- 11st Prize, International Woodwind and Brass Competition, Wroclaw, Poland, May 2004
- 1st Prize, National Flute Competition, Olsztyn, Poland, April 2000
- Distinction at the International Woodwind and Brass Competition, Wroclaw, Poland, April 2003
- 3rd Prize, International Woodwind Competition, Jastrzebie Zdroj, Poland, April 1998
- 3rd Prize, National Flute Competition, Olsztyn, Poland, April 1998
- Polish Government (Minister of Culture) Scholarship for the Music Achievements and the contribution to the Polish Culture, Warsaw, December 1998
- Full scholarship for the International Flute Master Course, (William Bennett, Farnham, UK), August 2003
- Full Scholarship, 1st Polish- German Woodwind Workshop, Koeln, Germany, April 1999
- Post-Graduate Study: Master of Music Performance (flute)
Conservatorium of Music, Wroclaw, Poland (2000-2004, 5- year- full time studies. Full scholarship holder)
- Music Performance, the University of Sydney (2013)
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology, the University of Sydney (2013-2015)
“Deck Chairs on the Titanic” (Wind Energy Ensemble, 2011- 2013)
A Place in my Soul, Canberra Wesley Music Centre and Sydney Opera House, July 2018
Prelude to a Kiss, Sydney Opera House, August 2017
Hourglass Beach, Sydney Opera House, October 2015
Copyright © ewakowalski.com.au - All Rights Reserved.